Powered by Blogger.

Neutrogena Hydro Boost Water Gel Moisturiser review








When I found out the Neutrogena Hydro Boost Water Gel Moisturiser had finally hit the UK shelves I was so excited. It was amongst my to try list. Fortunately i did not have to order it online and wait for it to arrive by post because they stock it in most boots stores in the UK.

Description of product
Neutrogena claim that the product will boost your skins moisturise within one hour of application. It is a light weight blue gel with a water like consistency.


Why it works?
The Neutrogena Hydro Boost Water Gel Moisturiser contains hyaluronic acid in the form of Sodium hyaluronate. The sodium hyaluronate is one of the key hydrating ingredients in the moisturiser, although this is in very low concentrations in this moisturiser. 
The moisturiser contains a new innovative continuous release system (The progressive release system).  According to the neutrogena website this system releases moisture slowly over 24 hours. It also targets dry areas throughout the day. ---If it does do what it says it does then it is an ideal moisturiser as it will provide your skin with constant moisture without the need to reapply often.

My experince 

I was very exicited to try this product however i did not feel that it hydrated my skin enough. It didn't feel like it actually soaked into my skin. Instead it tightened my skin. I did not like the fragrance of the product. I am very sensitive to fragrance so that was one my negatives.

Although this product did not meet my expectations i still plan on trying the other products in the range. I do have to point out however that my skin is very dry at the moment due to the weather so maybe that is why it was not as effective as I hoped. 

Pros



  • Oil free.
  • Non-comedogenic.
  • Clean packaging and expensive looking packaging.
  • Claims to maintain the moisture of the skin by releasing the product continuously over 24 hours.
  • It is a baby blue colour so it looks like water.
  • Nice gel-like texture.
  • Light-weight product.
  • It did not make me breakout. 



Cons



  • Contains fragrance.
  • Packaging is unhygienic you might need a spatula to avoid contaminating your product.
  • It did not moisturise my skin like i expected it to.

Follow

No comments