Powered by Blogger.

The best moisturiser I have ever used : La Roche-Posay Effaclar duo + review





This is to date the best moisturiser I have ever used. I started using this moisturiser two years ago. I was using the old formulation and since they changed the formulation I have been using this one. This is extremely light and works really well on my oily skin, Moisturising is an essential part of my skin care routine.


I stopped using this moisturiser about a month ago as an experiment to see if my skin would be affected. My skin started breaking out mainly on my t-zone, it was dry in some areas and really oily in others. I couldn't continue any longer so I went back to using it and my skin has gone back to its normal clear state after just a week of using this. This small experiment reminded me of why I love this mosturiser. I did a review on youtube just after i started using this two years ago and I will insert it below.


Description of product source : la roche posay website

Corrective unclogging care anti-imperfections, anti-marks.
New texture: fresh gel-cream, 24hr hydratation and long lasting mattity. Absorbs quickly for a non-sticky, non-oily finish.
Corrects the appearance of imperfections.
Unclogs blocked pores.
Fights against marks.

Why it works?

The main ingredients found in La Roche-posay effaclar duo +  are as follows.

Procerad 
This is a patented ingredient which is in the new formulation of the effaclar duo+.
Procerad is a ceramide. Ceramides are found throughout the body with the majority being found in the stratum corneum of the skin. They play a key role in protecting the skin by providing a barrier and preventing water loss. According to the La roche-posay website Procerad "protects the skin from the appearance of red or brown marks".

Niacinamide
Niacinamide is a B vitamin. Niacinamide has many functions amongst which include, smoothing of skin, reduction of hyperpigmentation ,stimulation of collagen production and strengthening of the skins barrier function. The La roche-posay website highlights the function of this Vitamin B3 as an anti-inflammatory which soothes the skin.

LHA and salicylic acid
LHA ( beta-lipohydroxy acid) is a lipophillic (lipid loving) derivative of salicylic acid. It is lipophillic so will cross the skins barrier easily. It has been shown to prevent the formation of new microcomedones- (FIND OUT WHAT MICROCOMEDONES ARE HERE).


Piroctone olamine 
Piroctone olamine is antifungal and antibacterial.


Targeted linoleic acid
According to the La roche posay website targetted linoleic acid regulates keratinocytes and targets the sebaceous follicle.

Pros

  • Hydrating and moisturing.
  • Non-comedogenic.
  • Paraben free.
  • Gentle on my skin.
  • Modern, easy to use packaging.
  • Hypoallergenic.
  • Non-greasy so great for oily skin.
  • Contains ingredients that are beneficial to the skin and for acne prone skin.
  • Gently controls spots.
  • Leaves my skin clear and smooth.
  • Soothing to the skin.


Cons

  • I use this twice a day and it costs under £20 just above £14, so it is a lil pricey.








References

  • Shin, J., Shon, J. C., Lee, K., Kim, S., Park, C. S., Choi, E. H.. . Liu, K. (2014). A lipidomic platform establishment for structural identification of skin ceramides with non-hydroxyacyl chains. Analytical and Bioanalytical Chemistry, 406(7), 1917-1932. doi:10.1007/s00216-013-7601-y
  • Efficacy and safety of a new salicylic acid derivative (LHA) alone or as a complement of tretinoin in acne treatment. (2007). Journal of the American Academy of Dermatology, 56(2), AB15-AB15. doi:10.1016/j.jaad.2006.10.122
  • La Roche-Posay. Effaclar duo +. Retrieved from http://www.laroche-posay.com/products-treatments/Effaclar/EFFACLAR-DUO-p9667.aspx.
  • Guttman, C. (2002). LHA serves multiple roles in acne management. Dermatology Times, 23 (9), . Retrieved from http://dermatologytimes.modernmedicine.com/dermatology-times/news/clinical/cosmetic-surgery/lha-serves-multiple-roles-acne-management?page=full.






No comments