Powered by Blogger.

Nivea, the Crème de la mer dupe?


I love skincare blogs. There are so many secrets out there. Now this skincare product had me jumping out of my bed at 1am only to find myself at my local 24 hour tesco. 
The possibility that a £2.95 cream could change my skin game forever had me up all night doing some research.According to several bloggers it is comparable to “Crème de la mer, moisturising crème” which starts from £108 for a 30ml jar up to £1340 for a 500ml jar.  Now I hope you understand my excitement.

The ingredients

Crème de la mer’s main ingredient is Sea weed extract. The concentrations of the ingredients are however not stated and I could not find them anywhere online. I have been using the European version of the Nivea, which apparently is better. Considering the key ingredient in Crème de la mer, the sea weed extract definitely is what separates the two. The two do have some similar ingredients.  The similar ingredients are highlighted below. 

Crème de la mer moisturizing crème
Seaweed (Algae) Extract, Mineral Oil (Paraffinum Liquidum), Petrolatum, Glycerin, Isohexadecane, Citrus Aurantifolia (Lime) Extract, Microcrystalline Wax, Lanolin Alcohol, Sesamum Indicum (Sesame) Seed Oil, Eucalyptus Globulus (Eucalyptus) Leaf Oil, Magnesium Sulfate, Sesamum Indicum (Sesame) Seed, Medicago Sativa (Alfalfa) Seed Powder, Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seedcake, Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis (Sweet Almond) Seed Meal, Sodium Gluconate, Potassium Gluconate, Copper Gluconate, Calcium Gluconate, Magnesium Gluconate, Zinc Gluconate, Paraffin, Tocopheryl Succinate, Niacin, Beta-Carotene,Decyl OleateAluminum Distearate, Octyldodecanol, Citric Acid, Cyanocobalamin, Magnesium Stearate,Panthenol, Limonene, Geraniol, Linalool, Hydroxycitronellal, Citronellol, Benzyl Salicylate, Citral, Methylchloroisothiazolinone, Methylisothiazolinone, Alcohol Denat., Fragrance

Nivea 
Aqua, Paraffinum LiquidumCera MicrocrystallinaGlycerinLanolin Alcohol, Paraffin, PanthenolDecyl Oleate, Octyldodecanol, Alumnium StearateCitric Acid, Magnesium Sulfate, Magnesium Stearate, Parfum, Limonene, Geraniol, Hydroxycitronellol, Linalool, Citronellol, Benzyl Benzoate, Cinnamyl Alcohol.

What I think 
I have been using the nivea crème on my face as a night face crème for the last TWO weeks. My skin is definitely more moisturised and plump.  I have oily skin so the nivea did make me break out a bit. Applying it at night took some patience because it takes a while for it to absorb into your skin as it is a thick crème so you have to really massage it in. The Nivea is thicker and does not glide on as well as the creme de la mer. I would not wear the nivea as a day moisturiser because it is too thick and greasy. That being said it might work as a day crème for someone who has really dry skin. It is definitely good for my skin in winter when my skin is drier. The only benefit I experienced from using the Nivea was its moisturising effect. 


What do you think? Have you tried the Nivea crème  and would you use it as an alternative to the Crème de la mer, moisturising crème? -Comment below.






Follow

No comments